DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
Reporting to the NBC executive director the NBC director of programs will oversee NBC’s programs including the covenant of action program and other related NBC events. The director of programs will have direct oversight of the NBC covenant of action initiative and be responsible for recruiting and nurturing covenant partnerships and all events related to this effort.
Qualified candidates will be highly self-motived and organized. She/He will also have working experience in racial justice fields or with grassroots community organizing. Additionally, qualified candidates will have strong writing and communication skills. Candidates with a background in religious studies or multicultural justice work will be given special consideration.
- Recruit and nurture covenant partnerships and serve as a staff liaison to the NBC covenant coaches team.
- Network with denominational partners and coordinate events to promote NBC and the covenant of action program.
- Work with the NBC team and executive director to implement NBC’s mission.
Reporting to the NBC executive director, the NBC office manager will oversee the daily operations of the NBC office as well as serving as a resource to the executive director and director of programs. Additionally, the NBC office manager will help develop and execute NBC’s communications strategy in collaboration with NBC’s executive director and interns.
Qualified candidates will be proficient in basic office skills and should be familiar with Microsoft Office, WordPress, MailChimp and fluent in major social media platforms. Candidates should also have strong writing and communication skills. Additionally, candidates with a background in religious studies or racial justice will be given special consideration.
- Manage NBC’s office and administrative tasks.
- Serve as a resource to NBC executive director and director of programs.
- Coordinate with the NBC team to develop and implement communications strategy.
- Field calls and respond to inquiries regarding NBC.
NBC interns will have the opportunity to actively engage in the mission of NBC and to make meaningful contributions to the goals of the organization. Interns will work closely with leaders across the nation to advance racial justice and reconciliation within and through the Baptist church. They will also work to promote the organization and to help maintain the office so that efforts run smoothly.
Fall semester internships: June 30
Spring semester internships: October 15
Summer internships: March 30