Director of Programs and Communications
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Programs and Communications will assist the Executive Director in executing and managing the activities of the organization and specifically be responsible for coordinating event planning, and overseeing communication operations of the organization.
- In conjunction with NBC Programming Committee, oversee the thematic and logistical planning of NBC events including developing event themes, soliciting speakers, coordinating with event venues and ensuring the smooth implementation of plans.
- Manage registration of NBC events and disseminate information to participants.
- Conduct post-event tasks including managing evaluation surveys and follow up contact with event guests.
- In conjunction with the NBC Communications Committee, supervise the development and release of promotional materials, and organizational newsletters to promote NBC’s mission and events.
- Develop press releases for NBC announcements and disseminate to appropriate press outlets.
- Manage NBC’s social media accounts and presence ensuring the professionalism and effectiveness of accounts.
- Assist Executive Director with the administrative functions of the NBC office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Masters of Divinity or equivalent degree required
- Experience and interest in program development, internal and external communications and partnership development.
- Exceptional communications and writing skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Social Media web platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram) and working knowledge of video editing software (i.e. iMovie) and photo editing software.
- Ability to relate well to NBC’s constituency both externally and internally with friendliness and professionalism.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to preform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to details.
- Proven ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective team-player with the ability to be effectively independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with NBC diverse constituency.
- Knowledgeable of the rich history and diverse experience of Baptists.
Exemplary Christian character and integrity with commitment to the mission of the New Baptist Covenant movement to take action, to reconcile Baptists and to transform communities.
To apply please send the following materials to NBC executive director, Hannah McMahan (email@example.com).
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for 3 References